what led me to health coaching

I created my successes, my partial failures  though they were all learning experiences and life lessons all by trial and error.  I knew from a young age I wasn’t just one thing I was very multi passionate about many different things in life.  I started my journey in Culinary School Johnson & Wales University (JWU ) in 2003.  Starting out I was extremely passionate about nutrition and helping people eat better so I went on to a dietary aide position in my internship and through the rest of the years during my associates degree  ( summer of 2005 ) I worked a dietary aide line in a nursing home.  On the days off I had I worked the hot line side alongside some brilliant chefs to gain more experience within the culinary fields.  I went on to start out my junior year at JWU on a new campus in Charlotte,NC the land of the free no family near by and nothing but free time after school.  the first 3 months I was there started out rather slow and I was only focused on getting settled and meeting new people which lead me to the race track with some friends one night and had gone to the pit area where the teams were eating.  Led me into my second job.  I worked alongside race car drivers working for a particular team and feeding them every weekend and I was traveling with them all at the time, I did this until I graduated (2007 ).  After graduation I decided that I would go on for my masters degree started that in nutrition at JWU but transferred out to attend a state college closer to home as i was becoming more and more family oriented and I wanted to be closer to home.  I graduated with my MS in Food and Nutrition from Radford University. (2009)
  Well my degree wasn’t really getting me anywhere I wanted to go so I took a NANNY job.  Yup and I LOVED MY JOB.  I loved working with a family who just needed help and stability to get a decent meal on the table and keep the house clean.  As time went on I would explore another option which made me quit my job I had enrolled into a dental assistant program (2011).  People asked me why and I had always said why not, why not be interested in things and learn about them.  So I learned I graduated and I had become friends with a dentist in the area eventually landing myself a job in his practice.  I just wasn't happy.    
Brings me into opening my Catering company which I loved and I learned a SHIT TON about business just all on my own.  That same year I opened a small investment company with my father buying our first investment property together ( he already does property management with our family in Richmond, this happened in 2012 ).  2012 was a very crazy year for me and I took a hiatus for about 7 months from life.  Though I was still working I was basically going through the motions in life just to get by.  
Along comes the meeting of my husband Jonathan., Sept 21, 2013.   We had met on match.com ( aint no shame ), we talked for about 3 months before meeting so by the time we had met I felt like I knew him rather well.  Though the first few months we were trying to get on the same page, we took the time and figured it out.  Jonathan gave me the courage to be who I wanted to be without thinking too  much about will I be successful, will I be liked etc.  He helped me make more revenue which  eventually led me to hire on help.  He helped me figure out how to be successful, he knew how to talk to me to get my passion into it and my drive back, so thankful for him and the things he’s taught me in life so far. I really can’t wait for the next 50 years!   We got engaged in 2014.  While we were planning our wedding, I was feeling a bit defeated because I was getting overly bored making meals for people and I felt like I wanted to help people more so I had heard about this program with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. So to just be clear I have a A.S in Culinary Arts, B.S of Food Service Management with a minor in Sports Management  and a M.S in Food and Nutrition and I'm a Certified Dental Assistant oh and I took the classes to become a Personal Trainer.  
Which brings me to the present day.  I have found my purpose and my life passion for helping people unfold their lives into positive healthy balanced lifestyles.  Im so excited about being a Health Coach.  I don’t want to categorize myself into one niche but I will say that I tend to love working with women who have lost themselves.  l love talking to like minded people who are multi-passionate just like myself.  Teaching people is extremely rewarding and Im excited for this journey

If you take anything away from this post take this 
So stop thinking you have to be one thing only be many things fulfill your life, don’t waste time on negative things, people or drama just do you.  Love yourself first everything else will follow!  Enjoy life, live positively and follow your passion for whatever it is.    

If I wouldn't  have gone down the path I did I wouldn't be where I want to be today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Supporting Other Women

How You Feel About Yourself is an Inside Job, Make Yourself a Priority

This Led Us to Our Invitro- Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfer