Keeping it CLASSY THINK BEFORE POSTING

I recently watched a video online about relationships and it got me thinking about respect within the relationship.  The number one killer the video stated as an issue within relationships was FACEBOOK and or INSTAGRAM.  The video also stated that it was mainly men who like over sexualized photos of other women than their significant other, but women do it too.  I have a huge crush on Matthew McConaughy like HUGE,  I tell my husband all the time.  But what Im talking about is very different from a crush.
  Im talking about liking others photos that are too overly sexual to be on FB or Instagram.  I really start to wonder if anyone cares about their own self respect?  I see more and more women wearing the shortest shorts ever to show off their bum or the tightest shirts to show off their chest.  Men aren't any better theyre willing to almost bear it all for their views, just holding a towel over their privates.  I don't even want to talk about the impression that it makes on younger teens either that think oh well she did it so I can.  Im not saying don't be proud of yourself but why do you need LIKES to show that you did something?  Self -Esteem has gone out the window too,  for that matter.  
  Why is it so important for us to have likes on social media than that of actual meaningful relationships in real life?  Why is it socially acceptable to LIKE overly sexualized photos?  Why do people then say things OHHH its just social media its not real life or your taking it out context or the best why are you so jealous.   I find nothing overly sexualized acceptable on social media. I don't care to see your half naked body making gains, ( bathing suits and multiple people in the photo is very different and clothed photos are good in my book I love muscles and making gun poses myself ), and if your in a relationship with someone have you ever stopped to think if you're hurting their feelings by posting these photos?  I know my husband has no jealous bone in his body.   I can guarantee you this unless IM a MODEL (like professional model ) he doesn't want any part of my photos on social media to be anything deemed as sexual and vice versa.  
  You create a huge issue by liking photos too of the opposite sex ( you realize when you like or comment on a photo it pops up on news feeds of your mutual friends )..... you create a negative image  in significant partners life, like maybe you want to be with someone more like the photo, ECT.   So if you want "likes" on social media keep it classy folks, just a friend PSA.  This goes without saying but maybe if we all payed more attention to real life and not someones HIGHLIGHT REEL we'd actually thrive in real life relationships.  

Best
Felicia 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Supporting Other Women

How You Feel About Yourself is an Inside Job, Make Yourself a Priority

This Led Us to Our Invitro- Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfer