The Art Of Customer Service

Recently ( like as in today ) I visited the establishment Americas Best.  My Dr closed his private practice and moved there.  So I arrive 20  minutes early to fill out the paperwork, while I was filling out the paperwork the front desk staff seemed to be malfunctioning ( only proper word for it ).  The lady on the phone was rolling her eyes and asking me questions at the same time.  ( um i can't make this up )  Then I get shuttled back for my glaucoma test lovely I hate that test, but to make matters worse the technician was EATING during my exam which is disgusting while trying to administer my test of which you touch my eyes!  GROSS!!!!!   While I waited for an hour an 15 minutes for my exam the rolling eye girl was going on and on and on about some patient, if I can hear you I bet we all can, complaints and all.
 I finally get seen tell the DR what all happened he apologized and said he would address it.  Cool no problem.  UNTIL I sat down to check out of my appointment, rolling eye girl apparently heard I mentioned her and loudly said well I wanna know who said I was rude.  Puzzled at this I said well you should probably talk to your manager in private, because most people hate to hear office drama.
 After all this I stated that I wanted to speak to the manager.  I told her everything that happened she apologized a lot and said that her and her staff dropped the ball, I said will I agree with that.  I then got free contacts for all my troubles for a year.  Doesn't make up for the experience and I will go back in a few weeks for a re check on my new lens so hopefully all these issues will have improvements.
 Moral of the story if you're in a CSR position you better damn well do your job to the best of your ability. ( if you don't like your job and or helping others QUIT and if you cant QUIT suck it up and make the most of it ) If youre working in a DRS office please understand that regardless of if I know a patients name or not, complaining about them in the lobby probably isn't the way to go.  Also, if we as consumers never speak up then they as a business never know whats going on.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Supporting Other Women

How You Feel About Yourself is an Inside Job, Make Yourself a Priority

This Led Us to Our Invitro- Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfer