Natural Sleep Cycle

Most of Americans don’t sleep nearly enough as they should.  All of us humans have these wonderful things calls TV, cell phones and computers to keep us up till all hours of the night.  Im a person who needs a ton of sleep to get anything done, literally I nap in the middle of the afternoon daily for about 20 minutes not a lie.  Our brains go a million miles a minute, jumping from one thing to another on websites, emails, video games ect.  When we’re not on the computer its the cell phone or the TV.  All of these things create a light within them and this light messes with our natural sleep rhythms.  Sleep is just as important as eating properly, they actually go hand in hand. Sleeping is one of the things that has proven data that helps people loose weight and keep it off.  Most people get a second wind through out their day as well for me its about 6 PM since I get up rather early and by 730 Im ready to unwind for the night.  Though I watch TV before bed Im laying down and Im unwinding for the night I don’t mess with my phone generally after 8pm ( unless its pinterest I’m addicted ).  Ive noticed that ever since I put my phone on do not disturb after 8 PM my sleep has improved greatly.  You can set your phone for specific callers but and your alarm still.  Ive noticed that its easier for me to get up in the morning, I feel more energized through out the day and I don’t drink nearly as much coffee as I used too.  So try it out for a few weeks set your phone to DND, start a regular bedtime routine and stick too it, create a space or environment your body sleeps well in… bodies sleep better in a cooler room, white noise, bedtime routines, relaxing sounds …. your body will thank you!  Make small manageable changes to your bedtime routine to get the best sleep of your life!  

Ive been doing this since May 2015 even during the summer months when I wanted to stay up super late and do things I made the choice to sleep instead.  



 Arianna Huffington the co Founder of the Huffington Post was a guest speaker today with great insight into sleep deprivation, even talked about her office and how she put in a nap room for the employees totally cool.  Check her out or follow her on twitter


Dr. Rubin Naiman sleep psychologist blog has some other helpful tips and practices 


As always keep it positive in 2016  Tune in tomorrow for a 2nd post of the week on positive relationships!  


Quick and Easy Dinner of the week
Crock Pot Rotisserie Style Chicken
Mise En Place ( What you need )
4 individual crumpled up aluminum foil balls 
5 Lb whole chicken
herbs and spices that you like
What you do
Place foil balls into the bottom of crock pot
Place seasoned chicken into the crock pot onto of the foil balls ( add 2 about 2 inches of water to the crock pot )
Cook on high for 4 hours or until temp reaches 165 
Let rest for 20 minutes before cutting into it!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Supporting Other Women

How You Feel About Yourself is an Inside Job, Make Yourself a Priority

This Led Us to Our Invitro- Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfer