Never Understood

Ive never really understood the value of taking care of myself up until a few years ago.  Thats when I had realized I was at my heaviest weight and I wasn't happy.  I was also going through a divorce at the time.  Though the road to get here to where I am today wasn't easy it made me wonder how people don't take care of themselves at all in todays world.  I wonder about this a lot actually if people know that exercise is good for them and has proven benefits then why don't they partake in this?  If people know that certain social activities aren't good for them then why hang out with people who entertain those things?  If people want to loose weight then why can't they seem to ever eat right or within moderation?  Theres a thousand of these things floating around in my head, the most common answer I have ever gotten professionally and personally is time.
Breaking down time management is difficult for people which is fine and Ive also used this in another post of priorities.  Lets change it and say why do you put yourself last on the list of priorities like you don't matter?  If you had a major disease or illness you would put yourself first so why not when there is no illness present ( we all know that people in our respective families would put us first in this situation) ?  Why do we give other things attention when we let ourselves fall apart?
When people tell me they don't have time to do the things they want I laugh at them in my head and try and move on but for some reason today I felt compelled to write this.  If you say you don't have time to do the things you want in my brutally honest opinion you're full of yourself!  So back to the taking care of yourself part if you really cared to do so then you would end of story there wouldn't be an excuse.  Those friends and social activities that you know aren't that great for you, ummm you wouldn't go because they don't benefit you any longer, and the personal life issues dealing with weight and exercise management you would be working your hardest to correct.  Life isn't that difficult we make it more difficult for ourselves because of the social settings we hang out in or the friends we keep around us or the work environment we put ourselves in.
So try again with your "well i really don't have time theory" because if you really want it you will make the time and make those certain things a priority in your life.  Don't loose track of yourself while trying to accommodate those things though.  Life is about balance.  Learn how to balance things better, and remember to always take time for yourself alone.  My husband knows this all too well I need to be alone for at least 3 hours a week in order to maintain my own balance when Im not I get overly cranky, tired and emotionally drained by life.  Also, remember to completely unplug yourself leave your phone off check it periodically and the things that can wait should wait.  Im not afraid to type this but I have my phone on Do Not Disturb after 8pm there are a certain group of people who can always reach me if need be but other than that group.
Balance your life for yourself not for others!  Enjoy!  Live each day to the fullest!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Supporting Other Women

How You Feel About Yourself is an Inside Job, Make Yourself a Priority

This Led Us to Our Invitro- Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfer