Dear Random Lump On My Neck ( this was written over a few days )

So this past week has been a roller coaster of sorts for us here in this household.  I went to the lady doctor for a yearly ( sorry TMI ) everything was normal but a random lump he found at the base of my neck.  You can only see the lump as I swallow or tilt my head backwards.  I exercise I have a pretty good diet and so finding MR RANDOM LUMP has thrown us for a loop.  Yes its in the general thyroid area but seeing as my obgyn is sending me to the ENT over the ENDOCRINOLOGIST leads me to believe this lump isn't my thyroid, with that being said I was told that I would be having more issues than not knowing the lump was there.  So this lump is painless, I feel a bit more tired than normal some days but not everyday I could attest this as well being to the dogs in our bed and the TV on and in general Im the lightest sleeper ever even when exhausted!  For the last week Ive kept o n my normal lifting schedule, though Im really focusing on only doing cardio for right now!  So onto the ENT Monday Morning at 930 AM.
ENT Partial Diagnosis
The ENT felt my neck and since I had no prior ultra sound to show, he promptly told me that was the next step and I was done.  He seems to think this is a Thyroid Nodule.  I have an Ultrasound set up for Tuesday at 4pm, and a Fine Needle Biopsy may be needed.  I however talked further to the nurse over the phone and she told me that a majority of the time because of the placement of the nodule and size this requires surgery but in some cases they leave it alone and monitor it!  So basically its a wait and see game!
How are they formed you ask?  I asked the same thing... medically speaking they have no idea why this happens, 90%of the time its a normal functioning thyroid. So until later this week this is my diagnosis.
When the OBGYN told me this I instantly was worried and consumed by this, worrying really gets you NOTHING.  Doesn't make you feel any better, but today I feel good and rested!  I will keep you all posted on the final diagnosis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Supporting Other Women

How You Feel About Yourself is an Inside Job, Make Yourself a Priority

This Led Us to Our Invitro- Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfer