updates on me!

Yesterday I saw a wonderful surgeon since I wasn't loving the treatment received with the other practice here in the area.   So we found out a bit of information yesterday very valuable stuff.  The radiology report is suspicious to the doctor just because of the hypervascularity of the ultrasound.  Again we won't know anything until I have the Fine Needle Biopsy done on July 8th.  The doctor also confirmed that I will have surgery regardless on this tumor because of the sheer size of it, its the size of a golf ball.  My vocal cords are not impaired at this time so thats a very good thing.  Im very raspy in the mornings and evenings and this is very normal, I have a dry cough and it can sometimes be very hard to swallow as well as the fatigue of my body being stressed out from this tumor.  The other lobe of my thyroid is just fine nothing else to report no hidden nodules or inflammation.
Depending on what this tumor is being malignant or benign will determine which surgery options are for me.  So my biopsy is next Friday July 8th, with the holiday weekend coming up this was the soonest I could get in.  Im kinda excited but thats the geek coming out in me I love biology anything and a cytologist will be in the room with me and my doctor when doing the fine needle biopsy.  They will take samples from a few areas of tissues on my neck and then we will be sent home after.  Hemotomas can happen so the few days after I will have to be resting.  I follow up with the doctor on July 13th, we will schedule surgery that day and go from there!  Writing this has helped me focus on whats important for me and my family right now!
As always thank you to all my wonderful family and friends who have given me great support over the weeks, to the people who have sent me the most random texts to make me smile, to the late night chats with friends who are exhausted themselves but know I just need to talk I appreciate this more than I could ever put into words!  Lets not forget about my amazing HUSBAND JONATHAN who deserves a gold medal, no matter what I need this fella always has my back from just checking on me randomly, to making dinner for us, to him understanding that CLEO THE PONY is a huge part of my life and going to the farm keeps  me sane, to just being there for anything that I may need even lets me have snacks in bed... its remarkable the bond we have, the vows you take when you get married you think yes for better or worse in sickness and health you never  know what they mean to you until you have something happen to you.  I love you babes, you're the cheese to my macaroni and your definitely the HOME TO MY DEPOT! ( unless you know us the home depot part you won't get )



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Supporting Other Women

How You Feel About Yourself is an Inside Job, Make Yourself a Priority

This Led Us to Our Invitro- Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfer