Social Media Content

For the most part the people who follow this are already on my work page and know that I post things to social media only if I find them helpful and inspirational in general.  My personal page is much like my work page as it generally shares the same content and photos of my life.  Lately Ive found myself cutting ties with people on social media because of a few reasons I find the content negative or I don't even communicate with these people unless its through social media.  Lately Ive been really ridding myself of social media use and thinking to myself when did it become so important for me to tell the world what Im doing and so fourth.  Not that its important to actually do this but social media as a whole has changed.  Its used to be a place to just chat and catch up on life and now its used for self esteem, stalk or bully someone.  How did it go from something so positive to something so negative and then when we don't have that contact we freak out in general!
When did we become so involved in what other people are doing and not what were doing, when did comparison of lives become the norm, when did we start caring who liked and commented on our statuses and posts, we literally share everything from births, milestones, marriages/relationships, divorces and death on social media.  We've become so overly consumed with what everyone else thinks goes on in our life to actually care about well US to be frank about it.  We base the things we do on our viewership circle because when someone clicks that like button we instantly feel great about ourselves when we need to do the opposite of feeling great about ourselves because we are GREAT and we are making something out of our life!
So I urge you to think before you post!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Supporting Other Women

How You Feel About Yourself is an Inside Job, Make Yourself a Priority

This Led Us to Our Invitro- Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfer