The Minimalist Netflix Documentary

 The other day I was browsing Facebook and a family member of mine had posted about this documentary on Netflix called the Minimalist.  So this morning my body isn't getting along well with me and I have a cold and I was up at the insane hour of 4 AM so I figured Id watch this.  So in thought the title gives it away or so you think, and to find out more about the documentary you should watch it but in short here it goes.
 In todays society were taught that the more money we make the more successful we are, the more things we buy the happier we will be and the more we look like so damn TV ad or model the more love we will receive.  We can all sit here and say that yeah we all know this isn't the case but then let me ask the question then WHY DO WE GIVE INTO THIS?  Were all guilty of buying crap we don't need to feel better about ourselves because we can shell out X amount of dollars for said item.  Why is keeping up with the JONESES more important to us that actually having real connection in life?  Why is being 100% connected to the internet, phone, social media and texts more important too us than that of the person sitting across from us?
 WE have become a society that doesn't feel we just DO and by DO I mean were programmed to go out and buy whatever we want because marketing tells us its NEEDED in our home or life to make us happier.  In reality that the only things in our homes that we need is really family and a few material items to make food, sleep, bath and clothes.  Everything else is really crap we use to fill some sort of void in our lives to make us happier, when in the long run the happiness affect has worn off about 5 min after you purchased it.  In a world full of anything we could ever want we want more THINGS than meaningful relationships.  I have started to even question things in my own life as of the last 2 or 3 years about how does this relationship make me feel?  Do your values add up with my own?   If they don't I will always try and compromise but when the compromise of my own values comes into play I generally know I have to let the relationship go because its not serving a purpose.  If we all took that approach to life and relationships I think things would be so much simpler.
 Society has also told every person from children, teens and adults how to look with all of these amazing PHOTOSHOPPED ads than what actual people look like!  We've also been told the coolest things to wear when we all have closest full of LITERAL shit we will never wear but maybe once.  If we all did the 333 Project that would simplify things and we would all see what we actually need and don't need!( everyone should check out the 3 in 33 project or the 333 project as some call it )
So I leave you here in 2017 on January 3rd with this thought:  have you ever thought why am I buying this..... how does this make me feel..... are these relationships I have with people matching up with my morals and values.......  just because I make money does that mean I should buy items that I don't need and serve no purpose like that new house or car that I want.......  can I really afford these items or is that just society telling me that because you can secure a LOAN amount for that amount of money.
Lets make take the challenge to MINIMIZE something in everyones life in 2017!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Supporting Other Women

How You Feel About Yourself is an Inside Job, Make Yourself a Priority

This Led Us to Our Invitro- Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfer